Tungsten Carbide Grit Drilling Tips
Tips for using the ARTU Tungsten Carbide Grit Hole Saw
- Drill the pilot hole before attaching the hole saw to the arbor.
- Place hole saw on the arbor with grit edge against the material to be cut.
Using a clockwise rotation of the saw will lock the unit to the arbor.
- To get the hole saw to work more effectively, scratch the surface of the material to cut by using a slight rocking motion of the drill motor.
- When cutting deep holes, pull the hole saw out of the hole from time to time to clear away any material debris.
- Use of a high powered 1/2" drill motor is recommended, especially with the larger size (3-1/4" or 4") hole saws.
- If your drill motor has a support handle, use it for extra leverage.
- Once the hole is cut, the plug can be easily removed by detaching the hole saw from the arbor. (CAUTION! The saw will get hot!)
- For holes deeper than 2-1/4": drill a pilot hole with a bit long enough to go all the way through the material. Then, proceed with the hole saw to make desired hole.
- When using the 8- and 9-piece hole saw sets on materials deeper than 2-1/4", you must start drilling from one side of the material and then switch to the other side of the material to finish the hole.
If you have any questions and/or need additional information, contact Customer Service at (800) 367-2788 or contact us